Coexist

Coexist

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Vote for Trump is NOT Always a Vote for Hate.


Please consider this. The KKK supported Trump. Some of our friends and family voted for Trump. That does not automatically make them in league with the KKK or supportive of the KKK. There are people of all races and many belief structures that chose to vote for Trump. Yes, a person gaining the support of hate groups and not loudly and very publicly denouncing them makes me uncomfortable, but denigrating other Trump voters over it just widens the divide. I posted some stuff that made somebody I care about very upset because it seemed to them like I was lumping all the Trump voters into these groups. I'm not. Everybody has their own reasons to vote the way the do. I will continue to verbally denounce groups like the KKK and denounce known white-nationalists because their beliefs are contrary to my values, but it isn't a personal insult to Trump voters.

No comments:

Post a Comment